Thursday, June 14, 2012

The First Day

I've been running around so much I'm surprised I got to finish this:

 The First Day
A lot has happened these past two weeks! I got a new internship at a fashion company and
also a waitressing job. My biggest fear is dropping a tray full of dishes---hence the above illustration. I've also been really interested in the history of domestic service after my last piece, The China Room, sparked my interest by its setting. I'm planning on making a couple more illustrations on the subject--definitely delving into some politics too.

Last Tuesday I attended FIT's The Triangle Factory Fire: Then, Since, Now gallery opening which featured beautiful works by MFA illustration students, including one of my own illustration professors, Ed Murr. 


It was so exciting to see other artists react to history the same way I do!

Anyways, here is the original drawing for the piece:
Sometimes I prefer the lineart version of a piece than the full-colored; there's something so satisfyingly organic about it. 

Here's a WIP screenshot that I posted on my twitter too (follow me!): 




No comments: