Sunday, May 15, 2011

Do you plan on having a career around your art? :)

Yes, yes I do! I've been planning it all my life, even when I didn't know it (Paleontology, 8-year-old JGV, just so you can draw dinosaurs? Seriously?). Crippled by my fears of failure, I even got persuaded by my concerned parents to seek a career in accounting for two entire years--but after I got an associates degrees in business, I was just too miserable to continue. I took control of my life and decided on studying illustration. Despite the odd jobs I've done that have revolved around graphic design, I would like to work for publishing companies, making children/young adult book illustrations, animating, story-boarding, character designing, and publishing my own personal work (graphic novels).
Many times my dream really seems impossible and that I'll never succeed enough to economically support me (that's all I really need!) and yet I truly don't know what else will make me happy. All I want to do is improve and to continue to enjoy doing it. But I wont let my anxieties get to me. We all have one life to live, why not live it pursuing meaningful hopes and dreams?

No comments: